Can You Sponsor Me For A Series 56 or Series 7?

Our firm can not but we can refer you to one that will if you would like to obtain your licensing.

Daniel Major

B.S. Degree in Economics and Finance. Professional day trader. Live and work in Manhattan, NY, NY.

Page Updated: September 8, 2013

2 thoughts on “Can You Sponsor Me For A Series 56 or Series 7?

  1. Hi,

    I am a day trader looking to get into equity research. I would like sponsorship for series 7. I have already passed series 63.


    1. David,

      It is wonderful that you are looking to get into equity research! It can be a very rewarding and challenging environment (and the money isn’t bad either). A couple of things about this. 1. If you are looking to be in equity research you need to appreciate how competitive this field is. Try to get into an internship program somewhere and you will have a much better shot at landing a job out of school. 2. The Series 7 is not really applicable to equity research. It is more of a “broker/dealer” designation that allows you to sell financial securities and also to trade professionally. The tests you need sponsorship for are the CFA exams. There are 3 of them and it takes a minimum of 1.5 years to attain the designation. If you end up at a firm doing equity research I can almost guarantee that they not only will sponsor you, but will mandate that you take the tests. If you are interested in trading though, please let us know how we can help! – Daniel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *