Opening a demo account is a necessary and very important step for new traders of binary options. Opening a demo account allows you to develop and test your trading strategies in a “sandbox” environment where you can not get hurt. Why waste money trying to develop your trading style in a live trading environment, when you can prove a strategy first in the demo arena?
Some people will tell you to skip a demo account because you can make money right after you begin trading. You should not listen to these people. It is very rare that a trader is profitable in their first few days, and many actually can get financially hurt if they don’t hone their methods with a demo account before going live.
Actually there are many benefits to practicing with a demo account before you use real money. Besides saving you a lot of money while you learn the software and how to trade, you will become more efficient and hone your skills. These are the most important reasons that everyone should have a demo account, even if they are already an experienced day trader.
Benefits Of A Demo Account
- You will not waste money trying to learn how to trade profitably with real money. Learn how to systematically make money in a demo account first, and once you have a refined strategy you can transfer it to a live account and give yourself much higher odds of becoming profitable immediately.
- You will gain confidence in your trading. Only through successful repetition will you develop the confidence you need as a day trader. Losing money in a live account can quickly lead to feelings of dejection and other emotions that hinder your trading. Develop your confidence first in a relatively “pain free” setting. If you lose money it doesn’t set your account balance back, and if you make money in a demo account then you will feel very confident when you trade live. This reduces the chances of you missing trades, and it also allows you to become more aggressive in your trading, which can make your profits much larger.
- It is free and easy to set up an account. Anyone can do it. You are not required to put money into an account or to give any personal information that you do not wish to disclose. It takes about 3 minutes to set up and a trader can start using it immediately. With nothing to risk it makes sense to set up a demo account before you use real money.
- You won’t lose your entire account if you don’t yet know how to trade profitably. The stock market and other trading markets are extremely competitive. If you don’t have the experience and knowledge you need, you will almost certainly lose money over time. If you open a demo account before you trade you can go through the growing pains of losing pretend money instead of real money, which keeps your real money in tact so you can use it to trade profitably in the future.
- Test new strategies. Even experienced traders should keep demo accounts open so that they can test new strategies without having any negative financial consequences. Traders must always evolve, and when they are trying new things they don’t always know if they will work or not. A demo account allows even the most professional and experienced traders to test their methods and find out how profitable, or not, the strategy is.
Binary Options Traders Can Easily Get A Demo Account At How We Trade For Free
Keys To Making The Most of a Demo Account
It is not good enough to just haphazardly trade in a demo account if you plan on making money for real. Here are the ways for you to get the most out of a demo account so you can make more when you trade binary options with real money. This is something that both experienced and non experienced traders alike should consider. Any time a trader tests a new strategy, uses a new software, or trades a new security type such as binary options they should start with trading in a demo account before they move on to live trading with real money at stake.
Use Demo Accounts That Replicate Live Trading
If you are systematically making money in a demo account, but when you switch to live trading the environment is not exactly the same as it was in the demo account, you will not have the same confidence in your strategy and trading style that you had when you made money in the demo account. To become a professional day trader, you want to have the most confidence possible when you are trading live. A demo account should build confidence in your ability to make money when real dollars are on the line.
This is why you need a demo account that actually replicates the trading you will do when real money is on the line. Make sure the price is the same, the price that your trades fill at is the same, and everything moves at the same pace. Getting a feel for the software is important when your money is on the line.
Track Your Successes and Failures
In order to make money consistently, you need to know what works for you and what doesn’t work for you. The only way to do this is to actually keep track of your performance in different securities and using different strategies. Set up a spreadsheet and keep a trading journal. This is the only way to know for sure which type of trades are bringing in the most cash and which trades are likely to cost you money.
Be honest and take your demo account trading just as serious as you would if it was real money. This is the only way to know for sure whether a strategy will make you money or not. The information you will learn from charting your success and failure in a demo account could be invaluable to you down the road with real dollars at stake.
Make Sure the Demo Account Has Charting Tools Included
If you are going to use charting tools or signals, make sure that your demo account has exactly what you will be using to trade real dollars. Not all demo accounts include the charting tools, but some do. If you are going to use things such as moving averages, RSI, stochastic indicators, MACD, bollinger bands, or money flow index make sure that your brokerage of choice offers them.
If your binary options brokerage does not offer these tools, feel free to use ours by clicking on the open account button. Alternately, you could use a software such as Think or Swim for its charting tools but place your actual trades in your binary options brokerage account. We don’t recommend this but it is an option if you like your brokerage for other reasons.
We Provide and Use The Best Binary Options Demo Account Software
How We Trade provides access to the best demo account software on the web. It has accurate live quoting, payouts, and balance tracking. This software is exactly the same as you will use to trade with when you trade live with real money. We provide the best binary options account software because when we trade our tools are extremely important to us. We want all of our day traders to use the best tools that they possibly can have at their disposal.
It is Simple to Open Binary Option Demo Accounts
The Steps To Get Started With A Demo Account
- Go to our “open account” page.
- Input your basic personal information.
- Create a Username and Password for your account.
- Choose demo account mode when you are logged in.
- Practice and refine your strategies in the demo account!
Don’t Overlook The Importance Of A Demo Account
Remember that opening a demo account can be one of the most important things a new trader can do. This allows you to test the software, test your strategies, and ensure that you can make money over time. If you are new a demo account prevents you from wasting all your money on losing trades before you develop confidence in a strategy. If you are new and working to develop a strategy but don’t really know where to start, try our trade indicator tools. Remember to test a lot of strategies at first, pick those that are most promising, and refine them to the best of your abilities. A demo account gives you the freedom and confidence to develop the best trading methods that you can.